Dr Vijayasaratha is a highly qualified respiratory physician with a broad experience of over 18 years in managing Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Interstitial Lung Diseases, Lung cancer, Bronchiectasis and cystic fibrosis, Occupational Lung Diseases , pleural diseases and Sleep related breathing disorders. She is skilled in diagnostic procedures like bronchoscopy, transbronchial lung biopsy, needle aspiration of mediastinal lymph nodes, thoracoscopy – semi rigid and rigid techniques and others. She has worked as a respiratory physician in various renowned centers in UK including University of Birmingham Hospitals, Heart of England NHS trust, St James’s University Hospital, Leeds and Worcestershire Royal infirmary.
Award-winning, meritorious and best outgoing student, Dr Vijayasaratha after completing her postgraduate studies from Madras Medical College in 1996, went to the United kingdom and had undergone intensive respiratory higher specialist training between 1999 and 2008, and was awarded with MRCP in 2000 and a dual CCT in Respiratory and General Internal Medicine in 2008. Dr Vijayasaratha did a fellowship in interventional pulmonology at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Centre, Boston, USA.(affiliated to Harvard Medical School) in 2010. She has the necessary skills and expertise in the area of Medical Thoracosopy, Endobronchial and thoracic ultrasound.
Apart from being a vivid medical professional, Dr Vijayasaratha has been actively involved in a number of research works in the field of Respiratory Medicine. She also has carried out original research in COPD and alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency.
1. First rank in State of Tamilnadu in SSLC, 1985
2. Best outgoing MD student (TB and Respiratory), 1996
3. First rank in State of Tamilnadu in SSLC, 1985
Pulmonology / Chest & Sleep Medicine
1. MBBS, Madras Medical College, 1993
2. MD , Madras Medical College, 1996
3. DNB, Madras Medical College, 1996
4. MRCP , Royal College of Physician, UK, 2000
5. CCT (Respiratory and Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physician, UK, 2008
6. PG in Medical Education, University of Dundee, UK, 2011
7. Fellow in Interventional Pulmonary Fellow, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Centre, Harvard university, Boston, USA, 2011