Dr. Benny Benjamin
Qualification : MD, DCH, MRCP (UK), FRCP (Edin)
Designation : Consultant Pediatrician
Speciality : Paediatrics
OPD Schedule : 09:00 am - 11:00 am / 07:00 pm - 09:00 pm
Dr. Benny Benjamin is a well-known Pediatrician with over 36 years of experience in managing the wide spectrum of ailments in pediatric age group.
- Over 20 years
- Consultant Paediatrician at Assir Central Hospital, Abha, Saudi Arabia from July 85 – Feb. 95
- Registrar in Paediatrics at Royal Aberdeen Children’s and Aberdeem Maternity Hospitals, Aberdeen, U.K from May 83 – June 85
- S.H.O In Pediatrics at West Cumberland Hospital, Whitehaven, Cumbria, U.K from May 82 – April 83
- Pediatrician at St. Thomas Hospital, Kerala, India from June 78 – March 82
Medical Education, Certifications and fellowships/Research Papers.
- F.R.C.P Edin from Edinburgh, U.K, 1994
- M.R.C.P from Edinburgh, U.K, 1978
- M.D. from Madras University, 1978
- D.C.H from Madras University, 1977
- M.B.B.S from Madras University, 1973
Awards & Honors
- Thomas Dina Prize in Physiology – 1968
- Mary Israel Prize in Medicine – 1971
- T.C.F. Silver Jubilee Gold Medal, Paediatric Prize Examination – 1970
- Mrs. Mariaviakulam David Memorial Medal, Best Outgoing Medical Student – 1972
- Capt. Jaising Jadhav Memorial Prize, Best M.D (Paediatricics) – 1978
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
- Member of the Saudi Pediatric Association
- Life Member of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- Life Member of the National Neonatology Forum, India
- Life member Indian society of Critical care medicine
Conferences & Presentations
- BENJAMIN B. Protective intubation in croup and epiglottitis: a retrospective study of 5000 cases. 57th Annual meeting. British Paediatric Association,York, April 1985
- BENJAMIN B, Khan MRH. External birth trauma in hospital-born neonates in Abha, Saudi Arabia, November 29-30, 1989
- BENJAMIN B, Annobil SH. Childhood brucellosis in Saudi Arabia: a 5-year experience, XX Congress of the Union of Middle Eastern and Mediterranean Pediatric Societies, Algiers, Algeria, October 21-23, 1991
- BENJAMIN B, Annobil SH, Bassunni B, Okeahialam T, Al-Barki A. Anaemia in endemic childhood infections in Assir region of Saudi Arabia. Symposium of Morbidity and Mortality in Assir region, Majarda, Saudi Arabia, February 22 – 25, 1992
- BENJAMIN B, Khan MRH. Incidence and associations of congenital hip instability at Abha, Saudi Arabia. 3rd Assir Surgical Conference, Abha, Saudi Arabia, May 6-7, 1992
- BENJAMIN B, Annobil SH. Khan MRH. Childhood brucellar arthritis. XX International Congress of Pediatrics, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, September 5 – 10, 1992.
- Annobil SH, BENJAMIN B, Kameswaran M, Khan AR. Lipoid pneumonia in Saudi Arabia. XX International Congress of Pediatrics, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Sept. 5-10, 1992.
- BENJAMIN B, Khan MRH. External birth trauma in hospital-born neonates. International Symposium of Update on Management of the Injured Child (Multi-disciplinary approach),Riyadh,Saudi Arabia, April 13 – 15, 1993.
- BENJAMIN B, Annobil SH. Diagnostic dilemmas in childhood visceral leishmaniasis. National Symposium of Maternal and Chiold Health Care, A1-Qassim, Saudi Arabia, December 29 – 30, 1993.
- BENJAMIN B, Annobil SH. Diagnosis and management of Arabian childhood visceral leishmaniasis. 8th Asian Congress of Pediatrics, New Delhi, India, February 6-11, 1994.
- BENJAMIN B, Khan MRH. Brucellosis of the hip in children. XII Congress of the Union of Middle Eastern and Mediterranean Pediatric Societies,Abu Dhabi, U.A.E., November 19 – 22, 1994.
- BENJAMIN B. Airway protection in acute croup syndromes. 2nd National Conference of the Association of Paediatric Otolaryngologists of India, Chennai, India, August 18 – 20, 1995
- BENJAMIN B. Childhood morbidity and traditional practices; an experience from southwestern Saudi Arabia. XXI International Congress of pediatrics, Cairo, Egypt, September 10- 15, 1995.
- BENJAMIN B. Hepatopulmonary syndrome. 1st International Congress on Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Jaipur, India, December 12 – 16, 1995
Research and Publications
- Malcolm JB, Benjamin B, Sorbie AL, Auchterlonie IA. Alcohol intoxication: an underdiagnosed problem? Arch Dis Child 1985; 60: 762-763
- AuchterlonieIA, Benjamin B. Neck radiographs in croup syndrome. Letter. Arch Dis Child 1985; 60: 288.
- Raziuddin S, Bilal N, BENJAMIN B. Transient T-cell abnormality in a selective LgM immunodeficient patient with Brucella infection. Clin Immunol and Immunopathol 1988; 46: 360-367.
- Raziuddin S, El Awad ME, BENJAMIn B. t-cell abnormalities in antibody deficiency syndromes. Scand J Immunol 1989; 30:419-424.
- Annobil SH, BENJAMIN B, Kameswaran , Khan Ar. Lipoid pneumonia in children following aspiration of animal fat (ghee). Ann Trop Paediatr 1991; 11:87-94.
- BENJAMIN B. Acute dystonic reaction to domperidone. Letter. Saudi Med J 1991; 12(4): 346-347.
- BENJAMIN B, Omojola FO, Ashouri K. Clinical and radiological features of chondroectodermal dysplasia. Ann Saudi Med 1991; 11(5): 534-538.
- Khan MRH, BENJAMIN B, Congenital hip instability in hospital-born neonates in Abha. Ann Saudi Med 1992; 12(2): 184-187.
- BENJAMIN B, Annobil SH. Childhood brucellosis in south-western Saudi Arabia: a 5-year experience. J Trop Pediatr 1992; 38:167-172.
- BENJAMIN B, Annobil SH, Khan MRH. Osteoarticular complications of childhood brucellosis; a study of 57 cases from Saudi Arabia. J Pediatr Orthop 1992; 12(6): 801-805.
- Kameswaran, Annobuil SH, BENJAMIN B, Salim M. Bronchoscopy in lipoid pneumonia. Arch Dis Child 1992; 67: 1376-1377
- Annhobil SH, Oguniyi AO, BENJAMIN B. Chest radiographic findings in childhood lipoid pneumonia following aspiration of animal fat. Eur J Radiol 1993; 16:217-220
- BENJAMIN B, Khan MRH. Pattern of external birth trauma in south-western Saudi Arabia. J Trauma 1993; 35(5): 737-741.
- BENJAMIN B, Annobil SH, Bassuni WA. Diagnostic and management problems in childhood visceral leishmaniasis in south-western Saudi Arabia. Ann Trop Paediatr 1994; 14:7-13.
- BENJAMIN B, Annobil SH. Bassuni WA. Clinical and laboratory features of childhood visceral leishmaniasis in south-western Saudi Arabia. Ann Saudi Med 1994; 4: 107-110.
- BENJAMIN B, Khan MRH. Involvement of the hip in childhood brucellosis. J Bone Join Surg [Br] 1994; 76-B(4): 544-547.
- BENJAMIN B, Shenoy UAK. Splenic aspiration in childhood visceral leishmaniasis; an experience from Asir region of Saudi Arabia. Saudi Med J 1995; 16(2): 96-98.
- BENJAMIN BAl-Amari OM. Central diabetes insipidus complicating congenital toxoplasmosis: a case report. Ann Saudi Med 1995; 15(5): 519-521.
- BENJAMIN B. Acute thrombocytopeni purpura in childhood brucellosis. Ann Trop Paediatr 1995; 15: 189-192.
- BENJAMIN B, Rahman S, Osman A, Kaushal N. Giant duodenal hematoma in hemophilia A. Indian Pediatr 1996; 33:411-414.
- BENJAMIN B, Jayakumar P, Reddy LA, Abbag F. Gastric outlet obstructon caused by prepyloric web in a case of Down syndrome. J Pediatr Surg, 1996; 31(9): 1290-1291
- BENJAMIN B. Airway management in acute infectious croup syndromes. Indian J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 1997; 49(3): 269 – 273.
- BENJAMIN B, Al-Harbi N. Renal agenesis and ureteropelvic junction obstruction in an infant with Turner syndrome. Ann Trop Paediatr, March 1997.
FOR APPOINTMENT WITH Dr. Benny Benjamin CLICK HERE