Dr. C. M. Thiagarajan
Qualification : MD, MNAMS (Nephrology)
Designation : Senior Consultant & Head of the Department - Nephrology
Speciality : Nephrology
OPD Schedule : 10:00 am - 04:00 pm ( Mon / Wed / Fri)
Senior Consultant Nephrologist and Head of the Department of Nephrology at Fortis Malar Hospital for the last 5 years. Pioneer in Renal Transplant programme in the private sector at Chennai after Post Graduation qualification and training at Christian Medical College, Vellore in 1982. Committed to renal transplantation involving live donor and deceased donor transplantation over the last three decades with excellent post-transplant follow-up and results of over 3000 renal transplant recipients.
- 32 years
- 1985 Till Date Started Private Renal Transplant Unit, Madras Medical Care & Health Centre Pvt Ltd, Guest Hospital & Pandalai Nursing Home
- 1991-1998 Willingdon Hospital
- 1998 – 2007 May Devaki Hospital
- 2007 June – Till Date: Chettinad Hospital & Research Institute
Medical Education, Certifications and fellowships/Research Papers. Include International Training if applicable
- MNAMS, Nephrology, 1982
- MD General Medicine, Madras Medical College, Chennai, 1974
- MBBS – Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai, 1967
- Founder member – Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT)
- Member – Indian Society of Nephrology (ISN)
Clinical Interests/ Specialised Treatments /Area of Expertise
- Renal Transplantation
- Induction Therapy
- Newer immunosuppressive medication
- High risk renal transplantation
Awards & Honors
- Chair Person in the past several Scientific Meetings organized by the ISN, ISOT and ISN (Southern Chapter)
Research and Publications
PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR IN THE FOLLOWING CLINICAL TRIALS:
- ‘Trialink – M.O.S.T.’ Study, Novartis Co. Ltd
- ‘TranCept’ Study, Roche Co. Ltd.
Drug: Mycophenolate mofetil.
- ‘Victor’ Study, Roche Co. Ltd.
Drug: Oral Valganciclovir Vs. IV Ganciclovir.
- ‘Ascertain’ Study, Novartis Co. Ltd.
- ‘Linezolid Vs. Vancomycin in the treatment of catheter related infections in haemodilayis patient’ , Pfizer Ltd.
- ’Progis’, Novartis India Ltd.
Drug: Mycophenolate Sodium
- ‘Abetimus Sodium in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) patients with a History of Renal Disease’, La Jolla Pharmaceuticals
Medical Breakthroughs/ Interesting Case Studies
- Low dose immunosuppressive medication
- Induction immunosuppression
- Single centre experience with newer immunosuppressive agents.
FOR APPOINTMENT WITH Dr. C. M. Thiagarajan CLICK HERE