Dr. Dinesh Nayak
Qualification : DM (Neurology), MD
Designation : Senior Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist
Speciality : Neurology
OPD Schedule : Mon –Sat: 09:00 am to 05:00 pm
Dr. Dinesh Nayak is an eminent Neurologist & Epileptologist with over 22 years of extensive experience in managing a wide spectrum of acute and chronic neurological conditions. An expert in Video-EEG monitoring, pre-surgical evaluation of medically refractory epilepsy, Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS) and Intracranial EEG monitoring, Dr Dinesh Nayak is specialized in the management of complex epileptic seizures. He was also associated with the world-renowned R. Madhavan Nayar Center for Comprehensive Epilepsy Care (SCTIMST, Trivandrum) for over 5 years.
- 20 years
- English/Tamil/ Malayalam
- Training between 1993 and 1995 at the prestigious Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology (SCTIMST), Trivandrum.
- In 2000, he was awarded the Dr. PN Berry scholarship for training in Epileptology at King’s College Hospital (London) where he received training in intracranial EEG and video-EEG till 2003.
- Involved in epilepsy surgery program at the world-renowned R. Madhavan Nayar Center for Comprehensive Epilepsy Care (SCTIMST, Trivandrum) for over 5 years.
- He has also been instrumental in establishing comprehensive epilepsy surgery program at Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai.
Medical Education, Certifications and fellowships/Research Papers. Include International Training if applicable
- DM (Neurology), Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology (SCTIMST), Trivandrum | 1995
- MD (General Medicine), Coimbatore Medical College, Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai | 1991
- MBBS, Coimbatore Medical College, University of Madras | 1986
- The Indian Academy of Neurology
- The Neurological Society of India
- The Indian Epilepsy Association
Clinical Interests/ Specialised Treatments /Area of Expertise
- Managing complex epileptic seizures
- Acute neurological conditions such as stroke and neuromuscular disorders
- Guillain–Barré syndrome (GBS),
- Myasthenia Gravis,
- Polymyositis (PM).
Awards & Honors
- S.M Munirathinam Chetty Gold Medal during post-gratuate training
- Received Dr. PN Berry scholarship for training in epileptology at King’s College hospital, London
- Serves as the faculty in annual video-EEG Masterclass conducted by King’s College Hospital, London, UK
Research and Publications
- Published over 25 articles in various peer-reviewed national and international journals
FOR APPOINTMENT WITH Dr. Dinesh Nayak CLICK HERE