Dr. Divakar D
Qualification : MD
Designation : Senior Consultant Nephrologist
Speciality : Nephrology
OPD Schedule : 10:00 am to 04:00 pm ( Tues / Thurs / Sat)
Committed to Renal replacement therapy in the form of maintenance haemodialysis, continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis and renal transplantation. Follow-up of over 3000 renal transplantations since 1985 along with Dr. C.M. Thiagarajan. Interventional procedures such as creation of vascular access for haemodialysis and continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) catheter insertion for immediate peritoneal dialysis. Diagnostic procedures including kidney biopsy, liver biopsy, peritoneal biopsy and pleural biopsy with experience spanning three decades.
- 29 years
- Madras Medical Care & health, 1990 – 1991
- Willingdon Hospital, 1991 – 1998
- Devaki Hospital, 1998 – 2007
Medical Education, Certifications and fellowships/Research Papers. Include International Training if applicable
- MD (General Medicine), Madras University, Chennai, 1982
- MBBS, CMC, Vellore, 1978
- ISN Research Fellow, Canter Bury University, Christ Church Hospital, New Zealand, 1990
Clinical Interests/ Specialised Treatments /Area of Expertise
- Clinical studies involving renal transplantation immunosuppressive medication
- High risk renal transplantation
- Renal support in critical care patients
Awards & Honors
- Faculty in past scientific meetings organized by ISN and ISOT
Research and Publications
CO-INVESTIGATOR IN THE FOLLOWING CLINICAL TRIALS
- ‘Trialink – M.O.S.T.’ Study, Novartis Co. Ltd
- ‘TranCept’ Study, Roche Co. Ltd.
Drug: Mycophenolate mofetil.
- ‘Victor’ Study, Roche Co. Ltd.
Drug: Oral Valganciclovir Vs. IV Ganciclovir.
- ‘Ascertain’ Study, Novartis Co. Ltd.
- ‘Linezolid Vs. Vancomycin in the treatment of catheter related infections in haemodilayis patient’ , Pfizer Ltd. (Partial clinical hold)
- ’Progis’, Novartis India Ltd.
Drug: Mycophenolate Sodium
- ‘Abetimus Sodium in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) patients with a History of Renal Disease’, La Jolla Pharmaceuticals
Medical Breakthroughs/ Interesting Case Studies
- Induction immunosuppression
- Single centre experience with newer immunosuppressive medication
- Low dose immunosuppressive medication
FOR APPOINTMENT WITH Dr. Divakar D CLICK HERE