Qualification : MD, DM, FNB, FACC, FESC, FSCAI, FAPSIC
Designation : Consultant Heart Failure & Interventional Cardiologist
Speciality : Cardiologist , Cardiology - Interventional , Interventional Cardiology
OPD Schedule :
Dr E Babu is currently Consultant Heart Failure and Interventional Cardiologist at Fortis Malar Hospital and is associated with the Heart Transplantation Team. He is a certified interventional cardiologist and can perform coronary interventions, structural heart disease interventions, endovascular interventions and device implantations. Currently he is the Young National Ambassador of European Association of PCI (Angioplasty) for India.
Dr E Babu has a qualification of MBBS, MD (General Medicine), DM (Cardiology), FNB (Interventional Cardiology).
- MBBS from JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research), an institute of national importance located in Puducherry, India, in 2004
- MD (General Medicine) from JIPMER, Puducherry in 2008
- DM (Cardiology) from JIPMER, Puducherry in 2012
- FNB (Fellowship) in Interventional Cardiology, accredited by National Board of Examinations, from Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, an internationally recognized tertiary-care high volume cardiac speciality centre, located in New Delhi, the capital of India, under the mentorship of Dr Ashok Seth in 2016.
Fellow/Member of Organization:
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology : FACC (USA)
- Fellow of European Society of Cardiology : FESC (Europe)
- Fellow of Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions : FSCAI (USA)
- Fellow of Asia Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology : FAPSIC (Asia Pacific)
- Member of Cardiological Society of India : CSI
Dr E Babu has won the following national and international awards/recognitions for his research work:
- Currently he is the Young National Ambassador of EAPCI (European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions) for India. This appointment is the first of its kind for India.
- He has been honored with the Best Young Scientist Award at TCTAP 2017 international cardiology conference held at Seoul in April 2017.
Dr E Babu has 10 years of experience in cardiology. He has worked in many high-volume tertiary-care cardiac centers of national and international importance.
- He is a CERTIFIED INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGIST well-experienced in all aspects of diagnostic & therapeutic cardiac catheterization procedures such as:
- Coronary Angiogram, Cath study, Endomyocardial Biospy
- Complex Percutaneous Coronary Interventions (angioplasty)
- Peripheral Interventions (Lower limb / Upper limb interventions)
- EVAR with Stent grafting for Aortic aneurysm / Aortic dissection
- Carotid stenting / Renal artery stenting/ Stenting of Coarctation of Aorta
- Balloon angioplasty and stenting of conduit stenosis
- Structural Heart Disease interventions
- Balloon Valvotomy like BMV (PTMC), BAV, BPV, BTV
- Device Closures of ASD / VSD / PDA / LA appendage/ Paravalvular leak
- TAVR (transcutaneous aortic valve replacement)
Research & Publications:
Dr E Babu has presented abstracts and cases in many national and international conferences and won many awards. He has publications in peer reviewed national and international journals. He is invited faculty in many national and international conferences.
FOR APPOINTMENT WITH Dr. E.Babu CLICK HERE