Dr. Vijayaraghavan G
Qualification : MS Ortho (AIIMS), DNB, FNUS (Singapore), FIASA(USA)
Designation : Consultant Orthopaedic and Spine Surgeon
Speciality : Neuro & Spine Surgery
OPD Schedule : 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
Dr. G.Vijayaraghavan is a practicing Orthopedic Surgeon and Spine Specialist in our hospital. He attended medical school at one of the premier institute of our country , Madras Medical College ,Chennai. He then did his basic and advanced Orthopedic training at the apex institute of our nation All India Institute of Medical Institute, New Delhi. He was also awarded Diploma in Orthopaedics (DNB) by National Board of Examinatons, New Delhi. During his residency he developed interest in Spine Surgery and did his 2 years Clinical Spine Research Fellowship at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
After his extensive spine training under renowned Orthopaedic and Neurosurgeons like Prof Arvind Jayaswal, Prof H.K.Wong, Prof Shoichi Kokuban and Dr Praveen Mummaneni at various national and international spine centres he initially worked as a Consultant Spine Surgeon at Primus Superspeciality Hospital, New Delhi.
Having had a vast experience of 8 years in Spinal Deformity Clinic at All India Institute of Medical Sciences – largest spine deformity clinic in India he has special interest on Spine deformiy (Scoliosis,Kyphosis) correction surgeries. He is also specially trained in Minimally invasive spine surgeries (Key hole Surgeries) like Microscopic Tubular Discectomy, Decompression and fusion surgeries.
Consultant Spine Surgeon, Primus Superspeciality Hospital, New Delhi
Medical Education, Certifications
MBBS-Madras Medical College ,Chennai
MS Orthopaedics -All India Institute of Medical Institute, New Delhi.
DNB Orthopaedics -National Board of Examinatons,
Clinical Research Spine Fellowship –All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
Asia Pacific Spine Society -APSS Spine Travelling fellowship-St Marys Hospital. Seoul, Korea Nishitaga Hospital, Sendai, Japan and Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China.
Association of Spine Surgeons of India -ASSI Travelling Spine Fellowship- Ganga Medical Centre and Hospitals, Coimbatore, Indian Spinal Injuries Centre, New Delhi and Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kerala.
NUH Clinical Spine Fellowship, National University Hospitals, Singapore.
Indo American Spine Alliance -IASA Spine fellowship, University of California, Sanfrancisco, U.S.A.
Clinical Interests/ Specialised Treatments /Area of Expertise
Paediatric and Adult Spine deformiy (Scoliosis, Kyphosis, High grade Spondylolisthesis) correction surgeries
Minimally invasive spine surgeries (Key hole Surgeries) like Microscopic Tubular Discectomy, Decompression and fusion surgeries.
Awards & Honors
Silver medal Best paper award WENMISS 2013 The 6th Conference of the world Society for Endoscopic, Navigated and Minimal Invasive spine Surgery, New Delhi .Does kyphoplasty restore vertebral height and correct kyphotic deformity in Osteoporotic VCFs ?
Best paper presentation Gold Medal award (Co author) Instructional course in spine, 2013; Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu. Early Onset Scoliosis with Intraspinal Anomalies – Are Growth Rods Safe?
Oral presentation in VTI Gold medal session (Author) Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSICON); 2012, New Delhi. Is DVR a myth? – Direct vertebral rotation vs. Simple rod rotation in the treatment of rigid scoliosis
Oral presentation in VTI Gold medal session (Co author) Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSICON); 2012, Outcome of minimally invasive techniques in management of thoracolumbar spinal trauma.
Oral presentation in VTI Gold medal session (Co author) Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSICON); 2012.Anterior vs. Posterior procedure for surgical treatment of Thoraco-Lumbar Tuberculosis: A retrospective analysis.
Paper presentation (author) Third prize –Best paper Singapore Spine Society Annual Meeting. Is salvage blood appropriate for metastatic spine surgery? A prospective cohort study.
Research and Publications
1. Jayaswal A, Kandwal P, Goswami A, Vijayaraghavan G ,Jariyal A, Upendra BN, Gupta A.
Early onset scoliosis with intraspinal anomalies: management with growing rod. Eur Spine J. 2016 Apr 12.
2. Kandwal P, Vijayaraghavan G, Goswami A, Jayaswal A. Back Pain in Children- How Sinister? Indian J Pediatr. 2016 Aug;83(8):834-43
3. Pankaj Kandwal, G.Vijayaraghavan, Jayaswal A. Management of tuberculous infection of the spine. Asian Spine J. 2016. Aug;10(4):792-800.
4. Pankaj Kandwal, Ankur Goswami, G.Vijayaraghavan, K.R.Subhash, Ashok Jariyal, B.N.Upendra, Arvind Jayaswal. Staged Anterior Release and Posterior Instrumentation in Correction of Severe Rigid Scoliosis (Cobb Angle >100 Degrees) Spine deformity, Volume 4, Issue 4 July, 2016.
5. Sanjay Yadav, Arvind Jayaswal, G.Vijayaraghavan, Ankur Goswami. Coexistent tuberculosis of spine and Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia: Resolving the diagnostic dilemma and management J Post Grad Med Edu Res 2015;49(2):85-87.
6. Pannu CD, D K, Goswami A, Vijayaraghavan G. Complete Bilateral Calcified Psoas Abscess- Rare Sequelae of Untreated Pott’s Spine. JNMA J Nepal Med Assoc. 2015 Apr-Jun;53(198):126-9.
7 Sanjay Yadav, Ankur Goswami, G.Vijayaraghavan, Arvind Jayaswal. A Uncommon Giant Osteoblastoma in a Young Child: Our Experience and Literature Review.Journal of Spine Surgery. 2015 Jan-Mar;2(1) 17-19.
8. Severe rigid scoliosis –Management strategies in Journal of Korean Society of Spine Surgery Volume 22 Number S1 May 2015.
9. Pankaj Kandwal, G.Vijayaraghavan, Arvind Jayaswal. Severe Rigid Scoliosis: Review of Management strategies and role of Spinal Osteotomies. Asian Spine Journal. Manuscript ID ASJ-2016-0314.R1
10. Pankaj Kandwal, G.Vijayaraghavan, B.N Upendre, Arvind Jayaswal, “Single stage Vertebrectomy for Hydatid disease involving L3 vertebra: Five year Follow-up”. Neurology India Provisionally accepted.
11. Kumar N, G Vijayaraghavan, Ravikumar N, Ding Y, Yin ML, Patel RS, Naresh N, Denis HWH, Lim LL, Gabriel LKP. Intra-Operative Neuromonitoring (IONM): Is There a Role in Metastatic Spine Tumour Surgery? Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2018 Jul 23. [Epub ahead of print].
12. Agarwal A, Goswami A, Vijayaraghavan GP, Srivastava A, Kandwal P, Nagaraja UB, Goel VK, Agarwal AK, Jayaswal A. Quantitative Characteristics of Consecutive Lengthening Episodes in Early Onset Scoliosis (EOS) Patients with Dual Growth Rods. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2018 Aug 7. doi: [Epub ahead of print]
Books and Chapters
The Spine Principles and Practice- Severe rigid Scoliosis-Surgical treatment. Vijayraghavan G, Abhishek Srivastava, Pankaj Kandwal, Arvind Jayaswal.
ASSI Monographs –Early Onset Scoliosis – Growth Guided System for EOS. Vijayraghavan G,, Pankaj Kandwal, Abhishek Srivastava, Ankur Goswami, Arvind Jayaswal.
- Life member; Associations of Spine Surgeons of India
- Life member; Delhi Spine Society
- Asia Pacific Spine Society
FOR APPOINTMENT WITH Dr. Vijayaraghavan G CLICK HERE