Dr. S K Chowdhury
Qualification : MS, M.Ch (CTVS), FIACS
Designation : Senior Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Speciality : Cardiothoracic Surgery
OPD Schedule : 9.00 am - 4.00 pm
Dr S K Chowdhury is a Cardiothoracic Surgeon with an experience of over 17 years in performing a wide spectrum of cardiothoracic and vascular surgeries in adult and pediatric age group. He is specially interested in managing end-stage heart failure conditions through heart transplant and LVAD implant.
Medical Education, Certifications and fellowships/Research Papers.
- Fellowship from Association of Cardio Vascular Thoracic Surgeons | 2005
- MCh (Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery) - JIPMER, Pondicherry | 1998
- MS (General Surgery) – Silchar Medical College, Gauhati University, Silchar (Assam | 1991
- MBBS - Silchar Medical College, Gauhati University, Silchar (Assam) | 1986
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular Thoracic Surgeons (IACTS)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
Clinical Interests/ Specialised Treatments /Area of Expertise
- End-stage heart failure management (Heart Transplant & VAD implant).
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgeries
Awards & Honors
- Awarded Fellowship from Association of Cardio vascular-Thoracic Surgeons in 2005.
Conferences and Publications
- Annual conference of Association of Surgeons of India 1993, Chennai and presented a paper on Appendicectomy without inversion of the stump
- Organised and actively participated in the International workshop on Rhinoplasty in Oct 1994 at JIPMER.Pondicherry
- Annual conference of the IACTS 1996, New Delhi and presented a paper on Primary Neoplasm of the Chest Wall-A clinico pathological profile of thirteen cases
- Annual conference of the IACTS 1997, Ooty and presented Modified sub-mammary incision for open heart surgery-revisited (poster presentation)
- Annual conference of the IACTS 1998; Jaipur
- Annual conference of the IACTS 1999;Bhopal
- International Symposium on Cardiology 2000, Sep 1999, Chennai, Organised by SRMC&RI in collaboration with University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA; Medical Council of India and South Asian Society for atherosclerosis and thrombosis.
- Third National conference and workshop of the Paediatric Cardiac Society of India, Madras Medical Mission, Chennai 2001
- Annual conference of the IACTS 2002; Chennai
- Annual conference of the IACTS 2007; Jaipur
FOR APPOINTMENT WITH Dr. S K Chowdhury CLICK HERE