Dr. Sathish Kumar V
Qualification : DM (Neurology), MD
Designation : Consultant Neurology & Stroke Specialist
Speciality : Neurology
OPD Schedule : Mon- Sat: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
Dr. Sathish Kumar is a young Neuro physician, got his basic training in Neurology from prestigious post graduate institute of medical education & research (PGIMER) Chandigarh, 2010. His special interst in acute stroke management like Thrombolosis, Sonothromobolysis & Stroke interactions. He got his basic stroke interest while doing various stroke projects in Chandigarh. He is certified AHA/ASA for conducting various stroke programmes in 2010. He has done various stroke thrombolysis in window period was instrumental for acute comprehensive stroke programme in Fortis Malar Hospital, Chennai. He along with his colleagues interested in Epilepsy surgeries, Video – EEG & Intracranial depth recording for locoloption difficult to treat medically refractory Epilepsy cases. He had special Neurological skills in Botox in various movement disorders. He is the first among the southern region to start Nataligunal therapy for multiple sclerosis for patients.
- 4 years
- Consultant Neurologist & Stroke Specialist, Global Hospitals, Chennai from Jan 2011-dec 2011
- Worked as Senior Resident in Neurology Department at SGPGI, Lucknow from July 2006 to January 2007
Medical Education, Certifications and fellowships/Research Papers. Include International Training if applicable
- D.M. in Neurology from PGIMER, Chandigarh, 2010
- M.D. in General Medicine from GSVM Medical College, Kanpur, 2006
- M.B.B.S. from Tirunelveli Medical College, 2002.
- Neurological Society of India
- Indian Academy of Neurology
- American Academy of Neurology
- Indian Stroke Association.
- Indian Epilepsy Association.
- Indian Epilepsy Society.
Clinical Interests/ Specialised Treatments /Area of Expertise
- Acute Stroke Management like Thrombolysis & Intervention
- Management of Headache including intervention.
- Refractory Epilepsy Management.
- Multiple Sclerosis and newer treatments.
- Botulinum toxin for Neurological disorders.
Awards & Honors
- Best Paper Award at Neurocon UP Chapter in the year 2005 on “ Multiple Sclerosis in Kanpur- On the basis of critical clinical appraisal”
- Best out-going student of Tirunelveli Medical College for 1996-2001 Batch.
- Distinction holder in Anatomy (Part-1&2), Biochemistry, pharmacology, Pathology (Part-1&2), ENT, Medicine, during MBBS course in Tirunelveli Medical College.
Research and Publications
- Ongoing Publications: ”A randomized double blinded placebo controlled trial of role of doxycycline in acute ischemic stroke”- Thesis publication (for Best paper award in NEUROCON 2010 Jaipur).
- Multiple Sclerosis with Dysferlinopathy- A rare association
- Castlemans disease presenting as CIDP- A case report.
- Duchennes dystrophy in autism: A rare case report.
- An association of Morphea with Dermatomyositis.
- Non ketotic hyperglycinemia presenting as spinocerebellar ataxia like syndrome.
FOR APPOINTMENT WITH Dr. Sathish Kumar V CLICK HERE