Respiratory Care Medicine at Fortis Malar provides comprehensive consultative, diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients with illnesses that affect the lungs and breathing. The latest technology is used to provide state-of-the-art care in both the outpatient and inpatient settings, including the intensive care units.
Our specialists have acknowledged expertise in a range of respiratory conditions including but not limited to: chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases (COPDs) including asthma; interstitial lung diseases; pulmonary vascular disease; Bronchiectasis and cystic fibrosis; occupational lung diseases; breathing related sleep disorders; acute and chronic respiratory failure; and various lung or respiratory infections.
Services offered through the Respiratory Care Medicine specialty include:
- Outpatient services for evaluation and treatment of various lung conditions
- Inpatient services for medical and surgical management of various lung conditions
- Intensive care services for management and treatment of the critically ill
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Bronchoscopy
- Sleep disorders evaluation and treatment
- Pulmonary Function Tests including Spirometry, Lung Volume Measurement, Pulse Oximetry, etc.
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program