The department of Rheumatology and Immunology at Fortis Malar offers comprehensive consultative, diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients with illnesses that affect the bones, joints and the immune system. The latest technology is used to provide state-of-the-art care in both the outpatient and inpatient settings.
Our specialists have expertise in a range of health conditions including but not limited to: frozen shoulder; osteoarthritis; rheumatoid arthritis; osteoporosis; gout; auto immune or connective tissue diseases; metabolic bone disorders; systemic vasculitis; immunodeficiency; Hereditary collagen disorders; and nerve related problems (neuropathy) due to rheumatological causes.
Services offered through the Rheumatology & Immunology specialty include:
- Outpatient and Inpatient services for evaluation and treatment of various Arthritis, Vasculitis, Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Disease, Clinical Immunology and Immunodeficiency
- Laboratory facilities including immunology, biochemistry, microbiology, hematology and histopathology, which assist us in making a precise diagnosis and start appropriate treatment as early as possible
- Radiology services including musculoskeletal ultrasound (US), MRI, MR arthrogram, CT, HRCT and DEXA
Therapeutic procedures including soft tissue & tendon injections, joint aspirations, frozen shoulder injection, viscosupplementation for osteoarthritis of knees, and intravenous injections and other forms of treatment for metabolic bone diseases /osteoporosis
- Sleep disorders evaluation and treatment
- Pulmonary Function Tests including Spirometry, Lung Volume Measurement, Pulse Oximetry, etc.
- Physiotherapy Rehabilitation Program